Guilt-Free! Yes – let me say that again, Guilt-Free! Like I’ve mentioned before I’ve always had sweet tooth every since I was young, but of course like the majority of women and men around the world, I also take care in what I eat.
When I stumbled across this recipes I was pleasantly surprised but slightly sceptical. A chocolate tart made predominately out of avocados! Thats avocado – the fruit that is good for your skin, heart health, eye health, immune system not to mention the tons of other benefits.
Now that I’ve baked them and ate it them – I can officially say it’s one of my favourite recipes ever, it’s AMAZING! Best bit – nobody can tell. I kid you not, I served this chocolate tart last night and nobody thought anything out of the ordinary. They just kept on about how light, fluffy and chocolaty the tart was. The fact that it’s actually a guilt-free dessert is just the cherry on the top.
Guilt-Free Dark Chocolate Tarts
You can make these either as little tartlets, as I have, or one large tart (23cm).
- One amazing pre-baked 9-inch (23 cm) french tart shell or 6 pre-baked french tartlet shells
- 2 Avocados
- 3 tbsp of premium Cocoa Powder
- 1tsp of expresso Coffee Powder
- 2 tbsp of honey (you may want to add more to taste)
1. Pre-bake your tart (or tartlet) shells if you haven’t done so ( I added a tablespoon of Cocoa Powder to the classic recipe to add the extra chocolaty taste to the tart)
2. Peel and chop the avocados and put it into a stand alone mixer with the S blade with the cocoa powder and coffee powder. Blitz on a medium heat until the mixture is completely combined and add the honey mixing through again.
3. Add honey or more cocoa powered to taste, I even added a dash of liquor to it to gift a little kick! Fill the tart case or tartlet cases with the mixture and let refrigerate for an hour.
4. Decorate the tart with ground nuts before serving.