I’ve been indulging myself with far too many cakes and tarts lately. I always like to have something sweet in the house in case anyone gets the munchies so instead of whipping up yet another chocolaty, gooey, three tear desert I decided to try out these lovely and simple Rosemary & Lavender butter cookies.
They are very simple and quick to make and they are delicious to have with coffee. My flatmate and I got through 6 in about 5 minutes!
Rosemary & Lavender Cookies
- 225g of unsalted butter
- 170g of caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 375g of all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp finely chopped rosemary
- 1 tbsp edible lavender buds
- Pinch of salt
- Sugar for dusting
1. Cream the butter and flour in a stand alone mixer of a medium speed until pale and fluffy. Mix in the whole egg and the vanilla extract. Slowly stir in the flour, rosemary, lavender and pinch of salt until all the ingredients are combine.
2. Half the dough and place each half on a piece of parchment paper. Roll each half into a log shape using the parchment paper and then place in the freezer for at least an hour.
3. Pre-heat the over to 190 C. Unwrap the dough and it coat with the egg white and then dust it with caster sugar. Cut the dough into 1cm junks and place them in the oven for around 15-20 minutes.