Happy Monday everyone! How was your weekend? I had a wonderful cozy weekend at home and i’m even happier that I did since it’s already Monday!
Over the weekend I decided to whip up a batch of these amazing 15 Minute Donuts – they really do only take 15 minutes! I loven having some treats around when its movie night and these were just perfect! Warm, fluffy and just the right amount of sugary crunch.
This amazing recipe by Cooking Classy is so delicious that I dare you not to eat the whole batch in one sitting.
Fifteen Minute Donut Recipe (adapted from Cooking Classy)
- 190g of all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 60ml of milk
- 60ml of buttermilk
- 60g of granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Granulated sugar, cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar for coating
1. Preheat the oil over a medium heat in a non-stick fry-pan.
2. In a small bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. In a separate medium bowl mix together the milk, buttermilk, sugar and melted butter.
3. Using a fork slowly stir in the dry ingredients to the milk mix until combined (do not overdo the dough).
4. Once the oil has reached 180 C measure out roughly 1/2 tbsp of dough and using your hands gently roll into a ball (I found it easier with damp hands).
5. Gently place the dough ball in the oil and fry until golden brown on both sides. Carefully remove with metal tons or a fork and let them drain on a paper towel lined plate.
6. To finish off simply coat them with sugar and voila! Simple right?
I hope you enjoyed the recipe as much as I did. Do you like snaking on movie nights? Whats your favourite treat?